Friday, June 12, 2009

Two Turn Two


Today the twins turned two. I can't believe I've had these amazing little people in my life for two whole years! It's been quite a ride, from finding those two little heartbeats at my 13 week OB appointment, to a beautiful birth, two weeks in the NICU, many long sleepless nights, hundreds of diapers, mouthfuls of baby teeth, soft perfect curls to spilled milk all over the kitchen floor.
I wouldn't change a minute of it. Despite all the trouble these two manage to get into, I have had so much fun with them. I have never wished for a moment that they had come to our home one at a time.
To Greyson my perfect little red head, you are by far the most stubborn, aggressive, and loving of all my children. You can go from a loving embrace to complete furry in a matter of seconds. Your smile lights up my life, and fills me with reassurance that we were together in another life, when I look into your eyes I see myself.

And for Addison, my perfect little princess. You have given me peace. You, the daughter I always longed for, are more perfect than I ever could have imagined. You are the soft place in my heart, your sweet smile and tiny little voice fill me with such joy.

I love you both so much.

6 Comments:

At June 13, 2009 at 10:10 AM, Blogger MeganDan said...

happy birthday to the twins! they are absolutely adorable!

 
At June 14, 2009 at 10:49 PM, Blogger Jill Stones said...

Oh such beautiful memories, ok not the nicu(I didn't like it much either) what a great and touching blog. Happy bday kiddo's

 
At June 15, 2009 at 9:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautifully written.Happy Birthday to those two cuties.I'm so happy they joined your family.Children are wonderful gifts that require alot of work on the parents part but bring so much joy. They are a very lucky duo to be loved by you.
xxoo G.R.

 
At June 15, 2009 at 11:29 PM, Blogger Lifes Great Adventures said...

What cute kids they are! You are an amazing mom! I can't believe it's been 2 years, I remember seeing brand new pictures of them that Jer brought up to the reunion, how time flies.

 
At June 16, 2009 at 9:33 PM, Anonymous Meridee McDermott said...

The Lord knew what he was doing when he sent twins to you. You are an awesome mom. You and Jer have the cutest little family. And your eloquence in expressing yourself brought a tear to my eye.Awesome.

 
At August 28, 2009 at 11:15 AM, Blogger Paul/Heather said...

I cant believe your babies are over 2 years old now. I had a rough day yesterday and then remembered how AMAZED I was by your mothering so I prayed to remember your blog so I could thank you for your strength as a mommy! You are amazing!
(I used to work with Jer but once I had Isaac I stayed home to be a mommy...Such A DIFFERENT WORLD)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home