Daisy The Dog
+June+29+-+005a.jpg)
Shortly after I turned fourteen my parents let me get my very own dachshund puppy. I named her Suzie and instantly fell madly in love. Suzie was my world, my very own furry, little baby. My life literally revolved around her for many years, my crazy, emotional, messed up teenage years, it was perfect...she was perfect. I have been without her for nearly 10 years now and still miss her on a regular basis. Still to this day, I cry for her if I dwell to long on her memory. Fast forward a few years and a few children and I am clearly overwhelmed without the fuss of another dog. I've had no desire to have one and have been very vocal about never having another one in the house. Well, all that changed a couple of weeks ago when a good friend called to let me know her coworker was looking for a home for a 16 week old puppy. The purebred puppy had been purchased a few weeks earlier by an owner unprepared to care for the little dog 24/7. I immediately said NO, my life's pretty hectic and I couldn't imagine adding to the chaos. She said "just let me send you a picture, and then decide". Well, long story short, I took one look at that sleek little body, long dachshund ears, and wet little snout and I was hooked! Seriously, I have an addiction to wiener dogs, I just couldn't say no, I tried, but "YES" came leaping from my lips!
+June+25+-+002a.jpg)
We brought her home and named her Daisy, she's a sweet little thing, nothing like my Suzie, she's bold and assertive, yet playful and fun. She loves my children and shows no fear or aggression towards them, she runs through the house trailing behind them for hours and then snuggles up on their laps the moment they sit down on the couch.
+June+23+-+002a.jpg)
+June+21+-+003a.jpg)
Daisy has a great little personality, and ears that look like she's about to take flight at any moment. She especially loves our backyard stream, she actually runs up stream full speed, water splashing everywhere, it's hilarious, I've never seen a wiener dog who loves water! I think she's a great fit for our little family, we're so excited to have her.....Thanks Vage for sending her home!


9 Comments:
I love her Mel she is awesome. We had a long haired dachshund when my girls were little named Ozzie, he was the best dog I ever had and when I have a place of my own again
I will have another one. Your kids are growing and darling, I love your blog. Come see me at Petes next time you are in Riverton Okay!!! Love ya,Janice
(Daisy is Denises little girls name)
Daisy is so cute!
So cute! What ever happened to Oakley? ;)
I think Daisy is a good addition to your family. (Precious pictures of the kids with Daisy.) I thought you had lost it when you said you were getring a dog!!I'm glad you could finally get a fix for your addiction for ( weiner dogs.) xxooG.R.
OH! She is the CUTEST little thing in the world! I can see why you had to say yes. Can I please bring Mr. Wigglesworth over to play? I think he would fall madly in love with her.
What a great mom you are! We just named our little puppy Daisy as well...good name! I hope you have as much fun potty training as we are!
Reading about Daisy and seeing her pictures just made me cry! I am so happy she has a happy home. Thank you so much for taking her and loving her so much! And I can just see her running through the water! She had my kids and I laughing so hard running (more like hoping like a bunny)with her ears flipped back in our front yard. The short time I took care of her I fell in love. Like I said before, holding her with that beautiful smile you look complete! Thanks again and you are welcome! Love Vage P.S. give her a kiss for us!
I am so jealous, I grew up with little dogs and have been a little lonely for the fun that only a little doggie can bring. I was shocked at first that you would take Daisy on, but you are great and can handle anything. If you hear of another great little dog call us! And don't be shocked to find us at your door to play!
She is too cute!! Can't believe you caved.
Post a Comment
<< Home