Jack's Big Day
Jacks been waiting for this day for a very long time. It all started early spring when he received a letter in the mail from his new school. The letter invited us to a kindergarten registration, Jack and I went and signed him up for upcoming school year. We took a little tour of the kindergarten classrooms, boy was he disappointed when he learned he would have to wait months to actually sit in those cute little desks and miniature chairs. Last week, when the rest of the students were starting school, the kindergartners met with their teachers, took a couple of aptitude tests and then went home to wait out the week until they could officially start school the following Monday. Jack actually cried when we left, "I thought you said I could stay here without you?" "soon, Jack, soon" I told him. Today I woke up my little boy, dressed him in his new school clothes, put his stiff new Spiderman backpack on his little back, and with our entire family in tow, walked him to the bus stop. OK, we were probably a little over the top, three adults (Grandma R came to see him off too), two cameras and a herd of children following our shiny new Kindergartner down the sidewalk, but fortunately it never occurred to Jack to be embarrassed, he was just excited....a huge understatement.
I hope he found somewhere to sit on the bus, I hope the other kids were nice to him, I hope he won't notice if their not, I hope he can find his classroom by himself, I hope he won't say everything that pops into his head to his teacher, I hope he can sit quietly and listen, I hope he remembers to flush and wash his hands, I hope he can find a friend, I hope he learns a lot, I hope he knows how proud we are of him, I hope he knows how much we love him.


9 Comments:
See Jack you are WAY older than Camden he still has a whole year till he can go to school. We are all so excited for you. PS the teacher reminds them to wash hands ;)
What a big guy! I love that the whole gang was there to see him off. It's a momentous occasion!
I hope he has a great day. I'm pretty sure he's already made a bunch of friends.
Wow!! I can't even believe he rode the bus to school all by himself! Hooray :) So exciting!
Let us know how the day went! I bet it went well and I'm sure he made friends (how could you not love the little guy?).
Oh, he's such a big boy! I can't believe it's time for him to start school already. I'm going to interview him about his first day when I see him this week. Can you come to Mom's on Wednesday evening??
Yes, yes,yes, and yes. What a big day for a treasured little boy. Jack is lucky to have a family who loves him so much. He will always make you proud. I know his new teacher will teach him kindly. He'll be a teacher's dream student (with a dash of entertaining fun mixed in).
Wow it's hard to believe he is old enough to go to school. Maybe i'm emotional but your post made me tear up. I know I will have those same concerns when our little Adilyn goes to school. He will do great, he is a cute, fun, sweet kid.
So cute. I love your hopes. Guy said your family was so funny, Jer was mad because he couldn't see through the tinted bus windows! You had tons of camera's and were ready for the red carpet. He said it was very cute! What else, for expect from the Hal house:)
I'm so happy Jack was excited and enthusiastic about his very first day of kindergarden. He sees it as the begiinning of life's adventures away from home. Since day one he has stolen a peice of my heart and I wish him alot of happiness and zest for life on the the untraveled road ahead of him!!
xxoo G.R.
1st day of school, isn't that the BEST?! Kindergarten was my favorite. When it was time to move on to the first grade, I started to cry because I wanted to go back to Kindergarten!! Took a lot of coaxing from my mom to get me in that classroom...
Post a Comment
<< Home