Gray Hair
I am exhausted. Maybe it's the heat, maybe it's not enough sleep, whatever the cause I find the 7am "twin" alarm a little annoying. Last week after another particularly late night for me, I was snuggled deep under my sheets when the doorbell rang at 7:00AM! Who in their right mind visits at 7am? I tried ignoring it for a minute or two, but the obnoxious ringing continued. Finally I dragged my tired, grouchy body out of bed, threw some clothes on and sulked my way down to the door. I opened it to find my neighbor holding Greyson, still in his pajamas, with an overfull diaper reeking with neglect. I quickly blinked the sleep from my eyes as I took my little stinker from her while trying to figure out how in the world she had him. After a quick assessment, I realized Greyson had woken up early and without waking his twin, crawled out of his crib, headed down stairs and out the door to the garage (which was not latched because Jer had already left for work). He then opened the door to my minivan (Damn those automatic sliding doors!) and crawled into the front seat. I don't know how many buttons he had to push before he finally found the tiny one located on the ceiling of the van that magically opened the garage door....I'm sure he was quite pleased with himself as he realized he'd just procured his own freedom. He then made a b-line straight for the neighbors, who thankfully returned him to me in all his reeking glory. As my kind neighbor left I searched her face for the look of judgement in her eyes that I so obviously deserved, you know bad mommy, doesn't know where her own kid at seven in the morning...I found none. Thank you Camie, thank you, thank you, thank you. Seriously, this kid is giving me gray hair.....I mean grey hair.


9 Comments:
Oh man, don't feel to bad she had to return one of my children (luckily not at 7 am) and we aren't even her neighbors!! It's terrible, I looked for the same look in her face. Remember some day we will look back and smile;) *barf* I can't believe how smart kids are these days. I must have been dumb, because I know I never did anything like that:) Keep staying strong sister!!!
Wow! Michael snuck out on Randy once but it was in the middle of the day!!
Red heads are like that, I guess.
We miss you guys...that is quite the story-haha! I can't believe how big the twins are. I just love their hair color. Hope all is well!
You have one smart kid! :)
What a little rascle! A smart little rascle at that!
Oh my gosh!!I feel your pain. Mom's don't judge other Mom's (if they're wise.) Kids can always throw you a curve ball when you're least expecting it. How can one little boy be so stinkin cute and so mischeivious and smart??As an advocate for "redheads"" please don't blame it on his red hair. Someday that little stinker will make you proud !! In the meantime hang in there and always stay aheadf of his game. I understand why you need quality sleep. xxoo G.R.
Thank you so much for posting such hilariously funny things. That Grey... he is a crack up!!!
My 4 year old is like that, although getting better thankfully. We had to put a child lock on the laundry room door though so that she couldn't get to the garage and we finally have our fence with a LOCKED gate! lol It's a little embarrassing when the McNeely's tell you she was ringing their doorbell at 6:30am with our dog on a leash.....lol Of course... the rest of us were sleeping!
I LOVE that story!! That is for sure a story to keep around for when he gets older. Haha. Love it!
Post a Comment
<< Home