My clan
BF, Sher, M, me, Tam, Nic, & Jen (we missed you Tiff)You know that friend, the one you've had forever, the one who knows everything about you and you still feel comfortable hanging out with until one in the morning. Well I have 7 of them. We go way back, one of them is my sister M, one grew up next door to me, two others I met in kindergarten, and the other three we picked up along the way. I call them my clan. I don't really know where the name came from, it just seems to fit. We've been through everything together, High school, boyfriends, break-ups, hook-ups, college, weddings, pregnancies, new houses, children, you name it we've done it. We've all grown up to lead very different lives. Some of us are rich some of us are poor, some of us are religious some of us are not, some of us are fat and some of us are skinny (ok, none of them are fat, I'm trying to make myself feel better). Actually they are incredibly beautiful women, the kind that give you a complex to hang around, the kind men stare at when we all walk by in a group, the kind I would normally avoid at all costs. However, these girls are all so kind and accepting I always feel comfortable. Some of us live far apart, others of us next door to one another. We always get together to celebrate birthdays, and babies. We fly to weddings and sometimes when we're all between pregnancies at the same time, we even vacation together. People comment all the time that they can't believe I still see my friends from high school...high school? We're talking Kindergarten here people! Our husbands and boyfriends are thrown together continually and probably wish they had as much in common with one another as their wives, who are laughing hysterically at whatever the latest joke is. Our kids are going to grow up and marry one another as soon as they get old enough to tell them what we've planned. We have fun, when we're together we're not moms, or wives or girlfriends, we're 16 again and we're laughing. We have a history. We're interwoven. We're family. We're a clan.


2 Comments:
Holy smokes, what a bunch of babes! And is that seriously Tammy?!? She's SOOOOO thin! That is so great that you all still hang out together. Is Nic married? How many kids does everyone have? You'll have to tell them all hello from me. It's seriously been forever.
That was cute, thanks we all feel the same way. I'll admit it is very unique.
Post a Comment
<< Home