Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Walnut's day out


Every three months or so I have to drag my beautiful little baby to the pediatrician for his check-up and immunizations. It a simple enough task, that is if I've come prepared and left the Peanut at home. Thanks to my wonderful sister in law, I arrived at Walnut's doctor appointment on time and without the Peanut. I actually love taking my kids to the doctor for check-ups. I love seeing how much they've grown in the few shorts months since we were there last. Maybe it's because my boys grow at an amazing rate or because they’re so darn cute, whatever the reason, they attract a lot of attention in the exam room. I strip little walnut down to his diaper and plop him on the scales. I hold my breath, it's always so exciting to see them gain every little ounce...24.11 lbs pretty impressive you say, well add to that a height of 29.7". Yep, he's a big boy; the doctor tells me walnut's in the 98% for weight and height, head size only 10%. Oh well, we can't be biggest in everything. Head size doesn't relate to brain size does it? Nah. Anyway, Walnut takes his required immunizations like a little man. Hardly any tears, my guess, all the fat in those thighs insulate the needle pain, maybe he's just tough, whatever I'm proud. I love my little guy. I'm so glad he's come to our family. He's such a happy little baby, and in spite of the fact that Peanut torments him relentlessly, he loves his big brother and tries to follow him everywhere. Nobody can get a laugh out of Walnut like Peanut can. All in all, a pretty good outing to the doctor. Wish us luck, flu shots for both boys are scheduled for next month.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home