Sunday, December 20, 2009

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's Off to Work I Go!

You'll have to forgive me for the lack of posts recently, I've been busy. I've taken a FULL time job.....well, and additional one, that actually pays. A couple of months ago I was contacted by a former manager from Southwest Airlines, she wanted me to come work for her at a new company. At first we said no, for obvious reasons. But after some serious discussion with Jer, and some number crunching we decided to give it a try. I made a list, I think there were 62 things on it, of all the things I had to get done before I went to work. It took me weeks, closets organized, toilets scrubbed, accounts in order, carpets cleaned, Christmas bought and wrapped, clothes organized. I finished it just in time, two weeks ago I started work, I'm a Supervisor, working in a call center on the 2010 Census. Don't worry it's just temporary position, my contract goes through July, but until then it's 40+ hours a week and a 50 mile commute each way. As for my "other" job, well, I found someone else to do it for a little while(and come to find out, it pays REALLY well when someone else is doing it, go figure??!!), my children go to "school" at my neighbor's house, and I'm happy/sad to report they LOVE it! It's made for crazy days, they usually start around 5AM, I get up get ready and by 6:15 AM start waking up the kids, we dress them, I do Addison's hair and head off to work by 6:45 AM or so, Jer puts all their coats on and their cute little backpacks (full of all their necessities, extra clothes, undies - the twins are recently potty trained) and trot them off to Mrs. Camie's by 7AM. I work longer shifts than Jer and so he comes home picks up the kids and throws dinner in the oven (I'm currently cooking five dinners on Sundays to use throughout the week). I usually get home around 5:45PM just in time to sit down and have dinner with the family, we play together for a couple of hours and I repack the backpacks, lay out tomorrow's clothes and if I'm lucky squeeze in a load of laundry. I'm happy to report I'm sleeping well, and so far enjoy my job. I'm sure I'm going to have a brand new crazy world to blog about. Wish us luck it's going to be a crazy six months, I'll do my best to update, when I can.

9 Comments:

At December 24, 2009 at 9:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What can I say except I think you're wonder woman! I wish you the best I'm so glad the kids love going to Ms. Cams place.
xxoo G.R.

 
At December 25, 2009 at 8:41 AM, Anonymous meridee said...

Whew!!! You are some woman. But, truly -- if anybody can pull it off it's you! Good luck and I'm sure things will go well. What a woman won't do for her family. Bless you, Melanie.

 
At December 26, 2009 at 7:54 PM, Blogger Lifes Great Adventures said...

Wow good job! It's amazing what mom's can do! Good luck!

 
At December 27, 2009 at 2:49 PM, Blogger Jill Stones said...

Just what you need to do....more work;) Hope all stays well for ya. Happy new year!!

 
At December 28, 2009 at 8:43 AM, Blogger ThatsBaloney said...

You are a rock star! Wow!!
Good luck to you in your latest adventure. :)

 
At December 28, 2009 at 8:55 AM, Blogger MeganDan said...

Holy cow, Mel! That's crazy. Great that the kids love going to Ms. Cami's. Hope that all is well. We miss you :)

 
At December 31, 2009 at 9:48 PM, Blogger hope2adoptbaby said...

Holy Smokes! It sounds crazy, but I'm sure the extra money will be so nice...hopefully for more Disneyland trips and girls trips! :) Good luck and Happy New Year! Shelby

 
At January 15, 2010 at 9:18 PM, Blogger Tristie hearts Dax said...

that sounds like pure exhaustion! i wish all 6 of you the best! i can't wait to read about your transition into your new job. i am sure it will be very different than the other one. kind of exciting to shake things up!

 
At June 9, 2010 at 10:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't checked your blog in a while! You are such a super woman to do all of that! I'm a Scout Leader for ONE night a week and that stresses me out for the entire week!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home