Tonsils be gone
Our little princess had her tonsils out this week. We'd been putting it off since June because I was unable to get the time off work to spend with her recovering. Finally the day had come, I knew what to expect because Jack had his tonsils out at this exact same age....it wasn't pretty. Jack had been pretty miserable that first week out of surgery and week two was even worse. Knowing Addison like I do, I expected the worse, she does not like to be uncomfortable, not too hot, not too cold, she likes her blankets perfectly straight, her hair done and not messed up, her clothes clean, her food the right temperature and never to be woken up when she's not ready. The first problem was they made her wait until Noon to check in, which means no food after midnight. She was not happy, I had to keep her with me all morning afraid she would find something and put it in her mouth, she kept asking for breakfast or lunch or dinner or a snack anything.
The surgery itself took only about 30 minutes an within an hour we were reunited while she thrashed and screamed in her little hospital bed unhappy to be prematurely awoken from her drugged slumber.....I had warned them.
After about 4 hours they let me take her home, Jer had left an hour earlier for our nightly soccer game.
I got her home and all situated on the couch, she slept as I made dinner, homemade chicken, spinach, bacon pizza's, YUM! My first sign that something was different was Addison wanted pizza for dinner. I told her no, which made her scream even more, I offered, Popsicles, pudding, jello, juice, ice cream....nope, pizza only. Her brothers finally took pity on her and gave her their pizza crusts behind my back, she snarfed them down just fine and has continued to eat like that every day since, whatever we're having she has too. She's done really well, and is off all her pain meds at this point. I guess the biggest change is her voice, we expected this after seeing Jack experience the same thing, her voice is different, lighter, less old lady smokerish? She finally sound like a little girl. All in all it was a good experience, we're so glad to finally have those HUGE tonsils out of her little throat.


3 Comments:
Yay! So glad to have you blogging again. Addie is a trooper. I love that they wheel the kids around in wagons.
Less lady smokerish...lol so stinking funny. I hear that some kids can go through with a breeze. How wonderful that she was one of them. Awesome!! Just goes to show that girls are that much better than boys :) lol good to have you back
What a great slices of life. Addi surprised me, the way she bounced back from her surgery. Wonderful family. Keep posting.
Post a Comment
<< Home